JoeCo BBWR08MP 24ch BLUE BOX INTERFACE RECORDER - 8 MicPres, 16 Line In; 8 Bal Outs
SE Systems handles the full line of JoeCo Products. There are many styles and configurations available, please contact our showroom for more infrmation or to order other models. Call us at 1-800-662-1312
Benefit from the absolute flexibility of BLUEBOX with the BBWR08MP, giving you 8 channels of individually switchable mic/line inputs with best-in-class preamps, 16 channels of dedicated balanced line inputs, simultaneous back up of all source recordings and a fully standalone multi-track location recorder..
There are three BLUEBOX models to choose between, all delivering pristine 24bit/96kHz performance with the rugged reliability for which JoeCo is known. Newly added to the range is the BBWR24B, the most affordable BLUEBOX yet with 24 balanced line inputs, 16 Adat Lightpipe inputs with SMUXII support for higher sample rates and 24 balanced outs. Meanwhile, the BBWR24MP provides 24 channels of switchable mic/line inputs, while the BBWR08MP offers 8 channels of individually switchable mic/line inputs and 16 channels of dedicated balanced line inputs. All mic channels on both the BBWR24MP and BBWR08MP incorporate JoeCo’s renowned best-in-class mic preamps.
In a studio environment, your BLUEBOX can be used as a near-zero latency audio interface carrying up to 24 channels of 24bit/96kHz audio in both directions simultaneously over USB 2.0. And if your DAW freezes or fails, BLUEBOX keep running, utilising its onboard recording function to ensure that none of your source recordings are lost, even if the power fails. BLUEBOX also delivers the benefits of the famous BlackBox Recorder. For live work, the high-quality mic preamps built into the BBWR24MP and BBWR08MP mean either unit can be used as a stand-alone, live, multi-channel audio acquisition recorder, linking the low latency 24 channel, 24bit/96kHz workstation interface to a computer for backup recordings.
The high-quality microphone preamps, operate at up to 24bit/96kHz, and offer the user comprehensive control parameters. BLUEBOX features a range of connection options including individually switchable mic/line inputs and balanced outputs, with audio clocks locked to timecode, video, or word clock inputs. Microphones can either be connected to the unit via tails from the rear D-Sub connectors, or via an optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors.
Local audio is recorded direct to external USB2/3 drive in Broadcast WAV format for instant ingest into a workstation. Alongside the multi-channel recording capabilities, provision is included for creating a simultaneous stereo mixdown. Optional support for iXML data can also be provided.
Your BLUEBOX will run off a 12V power source. Unused channels and features can be disabled in order to preserve battery life on location. The unit is fully controllable via JoeCoControl on the workstation itself or via JoeCoRemote for iPad. This includes the facility to set up individual mic pre channel parameters – level, mic/line, phantom power, hi-pass filter, soft limiter and phase reverse. Levels are displayed on high resolution meters.
The monitor mix can be adjusted in real time incorporating both local and workstation feeds giving the perfect mix for monitoring during recording. Expandable channel strips provide graphic faders, pan, solo, mute and other parameter controls.
The BLUEBOX compact dimensions, high-quality mic preamps and converters make it a practical, elegant solution for a range of applications. Ideal for use in the studio as an audio interface, giving unprecedented access to your workstation for external summing mixer or full mixing board with multichannel record and overdub on workstation, as well as for live engineers needing a supremely portable multi-channel recording option.
- 24 channel mic/line recording to workstation at 24bit/96kHz*
- 24 / 08 channels analogue output from workstation at 24bit/96kHz simultaneously*
- 24-channel simultaneous local recording or playback at 24bit/96kHz
- 24 / 08 high-quality integrated mic preamps (full 24bit/96kHz operation)*
- Microphone or Line level connection via tails from DSub connectors, or optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors •
- Synchronisation options: timecode*, word clock, video sync*
- Remote control, monitoring and set-up via JoeCoControl computer interface or via JoeCoRemote for iPad
- Multiple connection options: switchable mic/line inputs, balanced outputs
- Records standard broadcast WAV files to an external USB2/3 drive. Captured audio material can be imported into any digital workstation for instant re-purposing. No file transfer necessary
- Simultaneous stereo mixdown during recording
- Runs off 12V power source for location use
- Safe’n’Sound Record Recovery protects files in case of power failure