JoeCo BBR64-DANTE 64 channel BLACKBOX RECORDER –DANTE i/o plus 8 ch. balanced inputs. The BLACKBOX BBR64-DANTE brings the award-winning reliability of the BLACKBOX Multi-Track Recorder to the tremendous number of Dante networks in use worldwide, with up to 64 channels of high quality audio capture.
SE Systems handles the full line of JoeCo Products. There are many styles and configurations available, please contact our showroom for more infrmation or to order other models. Call us at 1-800-662-1312
As Dante™ becomes the professional’s choice for AV networking, so the BLACKBOX Recorder delivers a trusted multi-track Dante recorder solution upon which professionals can rely – the BLACKBOX BBR64-DANTE.
With the BBR64-DANTE, users can record and replay up to 64 channels of audio data from a Dante™ network, recording at 44.1kHz and 48kHz directly to Broadcast WAV files on an external USB2 drive. (Higher sample rate recording is also accommodated at a reduced track count.)
The BBR64-DANTE allows hassle-free communication with any of the many hundreds of Dante™-enabled devices now in use worldwide. Designed to support standard network components and switches, it can also record 8 channels of analogue (balanced line in) alongside 56 channels of Dante for capturing audience and ambience.
The JoeCo BLACKBOX BBR64-DANTE RECORDER is based on the award-winning, tried and tested BlackBox Recorder design. However, rather than being limited to recording 24 channels of audio, the BBR64-DANTE is designed to record and replay up to 64 channels of audio data from a Dante network using standard Broadcast WAV files.
Developed to solve the inherent problems of working with computer-based systems in a live performance environment, the BlackBox Recorder provides engineers with a computer-free, high-quality solution for multi-channel live audio capture. The BlackBox BBR64-DANTE Recorder can capture up to 64 channels of audio at 44.1kHz and 48kHz directly to Broadcast WAV files on an external USB2 (FAT32 formatted) drive.
The recorder connects to any Dante-enabled network device from a range of console and converter manufacturers including Yamaha, MIDAS, DiGiCo and Focusrite to name but a few. Designed to support standard network components and switches, it can also record 8 channels of analogue (balanced line in) alongside 56 channels of Dante for capturing audience and ambience.
The BBR64-DANTE will lock to the incoming Dante audio stream, as well as locking to or generating word clock. The headphone output can monitor the internal mix or PFL individual/pairs of channels, which are also sent to the hi-resolution meters.
The recorder is designed to be supremely simple to use, requiring just a network connection, power and a USB2 drive before pressing the RECORD button. A full colour LCD screen and striking LED displays show all the information the recording engineer needs in order to know what’s happening. The recorder can also be remotely controlled and monitored via JoeCoRemote for iPad.
The BBR64-DANTE includes numerous safety features, inherited from the original BlackBox Recorder, to keep your recording as secure as possible. Safe’n’Sound Record Recovery will recover files even if the power fails in the middle of a recording.
An additional software add-on turns the BBR64-DANTE Recorder into a BlackBox Player, enabling synchronous or instant playback of audio material for various applications.
- 64-channel record or playback at 44.1 and 48 kHz.
- Connects to any Dante-enabled network device from a range of console and converter manufacturers.
- Only 1 rack unit tall (435 x 44 x 170mm) and weighing just 2.1kg.
- Records standard broadcast WAV files to an external USB2 drive. Captured audio material can be imported into any digital workstation for instant repurposing. No file transfer necessary.
- Simple to operate and understand.
- Simple to see what’s going on to disk.
- Headphone monitoring of internal mix, or PFL monitoring of individual/pairs of channels. Hi-res metering.
- Safe’n’Sound Record Recovery protects your files in case of power failure.
- Files can be time-stamped with respect to incoming timecode.
- Track, Song and Folder naming.
- Remote control via QWERTY keyboard, MIDI, Sony 9-pin, JoeCoRemote.
- Multiple units can be stacked for larger track counts.
- Optional Player software add-on for synchronous or instant audio playback.